Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Medication and Blogging

It is amazing how a little medication can inhibit your blogging (or anything else for that matter). I have been away from this blog for almost a week and it is due mainly to the pills I have been taking for back condition.

A little history here. Last Saturday I was sitting in Starbucks reading and writing and posting information to the blog’s I maintain. I got up to leave and felt a my back twinge and hurt a little bit. I did not know that was going to start the downward spiral.

By Sunday I could not stand up straight and walking was not one of my better abilities. A doctor’s visit on Monday and thenPills_and_bottle the medication; Muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, and pain killer. That's about all one needs to lose concentration when reading or writing. 

Sometimes there is a reason for not writing. Like the medications says “This could cause drowsiness as well as make you dizzy (don’t go there). Reading the warnings on the sides of the medicine bottle can sometimes scare you into getting better faster. 

The long and or shot of it all is I am getting better and the back is on the mend. I just might be able to stand up in a classroom next week and that is a good thing. I enjoy showing people how they can use their software and to tell about all the ‘new’ things coming down the pike.

My wife will also like it since she will get the living room back and get rid of all the “stuff” that one brings to the sick bed. I have been resting on the couch so if the medicine didn’t put me to sleep the TV would.

Have a great day and take care of your back, you will need it. In fact take care of all the parts it could make for along life. Hope to see you in a class soon.

And that is my excuse for not writing and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you...