Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Some Problems with Comments

The story you read by following this link may not be a story you are familiar with. It does bring to light something that as a blogger you need to be aware of - the comments.

When you start to blog there are always those that will disagree with you and some of them will not be nice. One way or another you have to monitor you comments.

Disagreement in conversational form is OK and you should be part of the conversation. I am not saying to get rid of all negative comments. On the other hand, keep in mind that you must also have a think skin.

If the comment is trashy or goes over the line get rid of it but do not take it to heart. If everybody agreed with me I think it might be a boring world the difficulty is in how people handle their disagreement. I don't tolerate insults or foul language.

As I said, I don't mind someone not thinking as I do, it is a free world - right? However if you really want to rant and rave in opposition to my thoughts then get your own pulpit, or blog as in this case.

If you write reasonably I might even point to you so that people can get a dissenting view point.

Dealbreaker Fires Zachery Kouwe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you...