Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blogging - Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science

I think I have posted this link just to show that blogging has really permeated many different avenues and many different people. If you are interested in Statistical Modeling (and I know someone who might be) this could be a blog for you to follow.

What you should pick up here is that it is not just a casual paragraph or two but almost a chapter of a book. As it is written you can see that someone spent hours of time writing what they wanted to write without the goal of revenue generation. I did not see many adds on the page and I was not sure that the books I did see were adds.

Truth is it is one writer writing about another and it is interesting.

As I have often said blogging can be about having something to say and saying it. Being a part of something.

It can be about your craft, your research, your focus on life. The fact that the one individual spent hours responding to comments would say to me that he enjoyed the conversations.

That is what blogging is, a conversation. As I have stated (from Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk) "...your half of one long, friendly lunch interview." That could have also been ".. friendly lunch conversation". I highly recommend the book if you need some motivation.

Keep in mind this is also about you. It is your story, your resume. This is where you can be discovered or interviewed.

See, here I am running off at the fingers.

Blogging - Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you...